Got unused or expired medications cluttering up your bathroom cabinets?
Little known fact: throwing them out or flushing them down the drain can contaminate the water supply and cause injury to your neighbors.
But you can protect the environment by participating in the Sonoma County's "Safe Medicine Disposal Program," where county businesses host drop-off stations for clean disposal of unwanted drugs.
Locally, you can drop them off at , 264 First Street East, on Friday, April 29 from 1 - 5 p.m.
- prescription and over-the-counter-pills
- Liquid medications and sealed ointments, lotions and creams
- Veterinary medications
- Vitamins,supplements and homeopathic remedies
- Medical patches
- Empty inhalers
- Medical samples
- controlled substances
- Chemotherapy drugs
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Personal care products (lotion, shampoo, etc.)
- Aerosol cans
- Epi-pens, needles or sharps
- Illegal drugs
- Medical marijuana