I scanned the local newspapers today looking hopefully that even one would have an article on D-Day but, alas, did not find one. I find that extremely disrespectful to all the "Greatest Generation" veterans here in Marin County, some of whom made the landing.
Here are some headlines that I copied from the San Francisco Chronicle. They are truly "newsworthy."
- Rescued Iranian cat adopted by Napa family 9:47 AM
- Man accused of making underage sons drink liquor 8:10 AM
- Millions of LinkedIn passwords reportedly hacked 9:47 AM
- Miss Pennsylvania USA claims pageant rigged 6:48 AM
- Palace says Prince Philip's health improving 6:36 AM
- Bald eagle chick hatches in East Bay 9:47 AM
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth to wed 9:47 AM
- PG&E ignored corrosion danger on gas pipes 4:00 AM
Not a thing about what happened on this day 68 years ago.