If your children will be out at night for trick-or-treating, Cal Fire suggests you use the following tips to keep them safe.
- use only flame retardant costumes
- add reflective tape to clothes
- keep hemlines short enough to avoid tripping
- use makeup rather than masks to avoid vision reduction
- don't use candles in jack o' lanterns. Use battery powered lights instead.
- watch out for children while you are driving at night. They may not be watching out for you.
- remove obstacles such as hoses from your yard, so people don't trip
- inspect all candy before children eat it
- keep all ornaments and clothing away from heat sources.