.

Family Displaced After Kitchen Fire on Caulfield Lane

An unattended pot on a stove set the house ablaze. It is now uninhabitable.

Firefighters from several communities responded to a kitchen fire in a house in the 2000 block of Caulfield Lane on Saturday night.

They cut the roof open to release combustion products trapped in the home and attic and then worked to prevent further damage to personal property, according to Petaluma Fire Department.

Occupants reported everyone was out of the house at the time.

Firefighters did extensive checking and confirming to make sure there were no occupants or extension of fire in the kitchen.

A guinea pig and two gold fish survived the fire but a pet parrot that was in the kitchen succumbed to the smoke. There were no other injuries to either the occupants or firefighters.

Before the fire department left the scene, the holes in the roof were covered up in anticipation of this evening’s rain.

The house is not habitable due to the extensive damage. A family of three—a husband, wife and their daughter—are displaced by the fire. The animals will be staying with relatives and the family will be staying at a hotel.

The estimated damage to the residence is $50,000.00 and another $30,000.00 for the contents. The cause of the fire was an unattended pot on the stove, according to the fire department.

ARSONVICTIM December 04, 2012 at 07:25 PM
Petaluma Fire Department put this out really fast great job as normal.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »